We are excited to have everyone returning to school at JFDS! Here is a list of commonly asked back to school items that may help answer some of your questions. You are always welcome to call the main office at 941-6220.
- Faculty, staff, students, and all visitors to the school are required to wear a mask inside the building.
- Thursday, August 26 from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- To help with spacing and provide another layer of safety we kindly ask that only the parent(s) and students attend the orientation if possible.
First Day of School
- Wednesday, September 1st.
School Day Hours
- Students may arrive on campus between 7:50 and 8:10 a.m.
- Students must be in their homeroom by 8:15 a.m.
- The school day concludes at 2:30 p.m.
- The office staff is available to take phone calls from 7:30 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.
- Please join me in welcoming the new members of our faculty:
- Ms. Abigail Lawrence, Grade 6
- Ms. Sarah Freeman, Mathematics
- Mr. Jacob Gebhart, Music & Band
- Please download the Bangor App to receive push notifications about school information and updates. Information about the use of the Bangor App will be in the informational packet that your child will bring home on the first day of school as well as the BSD website.
- Please visit our website for school information and updates.
- All students at JFDS will receive a school Laptop (Chromebook) and are eligible to take the laptop home.
- Please review the 1:1 Chromebook Initiative Handbook (first-day packet).
- Return the signed permission form to school with your child (first-day packet).
- Students must have a signed permission form for laptop take-home privileges.
- Sign-ups for Band, Chorus, and Orchestra will take place the first week of school.
- The rehearsal schedule will be shared by the musical directors.
- Band Director: Mr. Jacob Gebhart
- Choral Director: Mrs. Judi Michalik
- Orchestra Director: Mr. William Bell
Athletics & Activities
- Fall sports sign-ups will take place the first week of school.
- Tryouts for fall sports will take place September 8th, 9th, & 10th (if necessary).
- All athletic paperwork must be turned into the main office prior to the start of tryouts.
- Please call the office if you have questions about athletics.
- After school academic support will begin Tuesday, September 7th.
- Late buses will be available to students Monday through Wednesday.
- Sign-ups for school clubs will be announced as they are scheduled.
- Please check the school website for bus routes or call Cyr Bus at 942-3354.
- Late buses are available Monday-Wednesday at 4:00 pm to students that remain after school.
- Hot Lunch is available to all students.
- Please fill out the school lunch form in the first day packet.
- A la carte items are available to students daily. Students must have money to purchase the food items. A la carte items can not be charged to a student’s lunch account.
- Students are certainly welcome to bring lunch from home.
Water Bottles, Lockers, & Cell Phones
- Students should bring a water bottle to school daily. There are multiple water bottle filling stations in the building for students to use.
- Students will be assigned a locker on the first day of school. Students may access their lockers at the start and end of the day.
- Cell phones must remain in students’ lockers during the day and be turned off. Students who need to call home during the day should use the student phone in the office.
Medications & Immunizations
- Please call or email Ms. Irma Streams, School Nurse, if you have questions about medications or immunizations. She can be reached at 941-6220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.