Tryouts for fall sports begin the week of September 6th. Please remember that students must have a physical on file in the office prior to the beginning of tryouts in order to participate. One physical covers students for all three years at the James F. Doughty School. Additionally, all students must have an annual Parent Consent Form on file prior to the start of tryouts. All forms are available at the school office as well as online at bangorschools.net. Students who do not have both forms on file prior to the start of tryouts will not be permitted to try out.
Students will sign-up for tryouts during morning homeroom on September 2nd. Sign ups are completed through a google form.
Tryouts and/or practices are scheduled for the following dates, with times to be posted and announced as we get closer to fall:
- Football – Football is the only sport that starts before school begins. Football is a non-cut sport, so there are no tryouts. Equipment day will likely be during the week of August 16th with practices starting the following week. Practices for middle school football will be held at the William S. Cohen School. Once school begins, JFDS players will be bussed over to WSCS for practice and parents should pick players up at WSCS after practice. The first game is Tuesday, September 7th at Medomak.
- Field Hockey – Field hockey is a cut sport. Tryouts will be on both Wednesday the 8th & Thursday the 9th, with the first game on Tuesday, September 14th at WSCS.
- Boys Soccer – Soccer is a cut sport. Tryouts will be on both Wednesday the 8th & Thursday the 9th, with the first game on Tuesday, September 14th vs. WSCS.
- Girls Soccer – Soccer is a cut sport. Tryouts will be on both Wednesday the 8th & Thursday the 9th, with the first game on Tuesday, September 14th at WSCS.
- Cross Country – Cross Country is a non-cut sport. Students interested in joining the team will meet in room 205 on Wednesday, September 8th, from 2:30 to 3:00 and then practices will be held from 2:30 to 4PM daily. The first cross country meet is Thursday, September 16th at All Saints.
Teams will be announced prior to the end of the last tryout session. Once teams have been selected, full practice schedules will be distributed to players. Please call the office if you have any questions regarding fall sports.