November 4, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Currently, the state has designated Penobscot County as a “green” county. Therefore, JFDS will remain with in-person, hybrid, and remote instruction. The state will continue to monitor health factors and share designations (green, yellow, red) every two weeks throughout the school year. However, it may become necessary for the state to reassess on a weekly basis.
If the state designates Penobscot County as “yellow,” JFDS will transition to two instructional pathways for students – hybrid and remote. If this occurs, please note the following:
- The current Hybrid and Remote students will continue with the same schedule and pathway.
Students attending five days per week will transition to the Hybrid schedule, which is noted below:
- Group A: Students with parents (primary household) whose last name begins with A-K.
- Group A students attend school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and alternating Fridays.
- Second Quarter School Days for Group A Hybrid Students:
- November 9, 13, 16, 18, 30
- December 2, 4, 7, 9, 14, 16, 18, 21
- January 4, 6, 11, 13, 15, 20, 25, 27, 29
- Group B: Students with parents (primary household) whose last name begins with L-Z.
- Group B students attend school Tuesdays, Thursdays, and alternating Fridays.
- Second Quarter School Days for Group B Hybrid Students:
- November 10, 12, 17, 19, 20
- December 1, 3, 8, 10, 11, 15, 17, 22
- January 5, 7, 8, 12, 14, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28
If the state designates Penobscot County as “RED,” JFDS will transition to remote learning for ALL students. If this should occur, please note the following:
- All students will actively participate in remote learning.
- Students will be required to participate in daily learning activities directed by their teacher.
- Students will follow their school schedule for required synchronous learning activities on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Attendance is required on these days.
- Teachers will have office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Current remote students will follow their school schedule with peers. There may be some scheduling exceptions and teachers will communicate as necessary.
Thank you for your patience and support during this time of uncertainty. Please call the school office with any questions.
Edward M. Hackett