March 13, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Superintendent Webb’s March 12th health update noted Governor Mills’ advice to limit large crowd gatherings for the next 30 days to delay an outbreak and minimize the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus. As a result, the Bangor School Department is cancelling a number of non-essential events from now until April 17th.
The following scheduled events at James F. Doughty are cancelled:
- Math Counts: Scheduled for Saturday, March 14th
- Eighth Grade John Broderick Assembly at WSCS: Scheduled for Wednesday, March 18th
- Fun Night: Scheduled for Friday, March 27th
- Performances of the School Play: School Dance: Scheduled for Tuesday, March 31st & Wednesday, April 1st
- All-City Orchestra: Scheduled for Tuesday, April 7th
At this point in time, Bangor schools will continue to be in session and regular after school activities will be held.
As always, please don’t hesitate to call my office at 941-6220 if you have any questions.
Edward M. Hackett